For God was in Christ, reconciling the world to himself, no longer counting people's sins against them. This is the wonderful message he has given us to tell others. We are Christ's ambassadors, and God is using us to speak to you. We urge you, as though Christ himself were here pleading with you, "Be reconciled to God!"
2 Corinthians 5:19,20
Yesterday, Nami and I returned from a trip to the New England states where Nami had to go to speak about an engineering project that he is working on there. He asked me to go along, and I was more than happy to accompany him!
We started out the trip very excited about what all we would see and do, what new adventures awaited us in this part of America. 2 Corinthians 5:19,20 came into my spirit very early on, even while I was on the plane travelling to our destination -- Plymouth, New Hampshire. The Lord really impressed within me that wherever we go, whatever we are doing, we are HIS ambassadors or His representatives. We represent Jesus when we enter in a place. We are like the ambassadors of a country coming to make peace, just like the U.S. sends delegates or ambassadors to various countries for "peace talks" or other reasons. This is what the Lord says about those who belong to Him. We are on a mission for Him, we are representing Him and His Kingdom.
Well, all I basically felt in my heart was to say, "Yes, Lord." I shared this with Nami, and from that moment on, our trip became an even more amazing journey than I could have ever imagined. It seems that everywhere we went, if we were sensitive to the Holy Spirit's leading, that He would speak to us and would lead us in what to say, when to say it, where to go, etc. What a beautiful thing to be truly led by His Spirit, even when deciding where to go and eat for dinner!
I truly believe that when we purpose to make this shift in our thinking, to renew our minds with the truth that we REPRESENT the King of Kings everywhere we are and no matter what we do (yes, even on vacation) that our lives take on a newness, a vitality, and a meaning that is beyond the scope of this present reality. When we choose to walk out the ministry of reconciling the world back to God in our daily lives, in our mundane tasks even, that we can be truly called "sons of God."
I want to give you an example to just testify of the faithfulness of our God. As many of you know, my husband and I have a heart and a burden for the Jewish people, both for our brothers and sister in Yeshua as well as unbelieving Israel. Before our trip, I specifically prayed and asked the Lord to bring some of His chosen ones to us who didn't know Him, so that we could bless them and tell them about their Messiah. This was a very specific prayer I had right before we got on the plane and even the night before. I happen to believe Romans 1:16 literally, that the divine order of evangelism is to the Jew first and then to the Greek. So, I just prayed.
When Nami and I got off the plane in Providence, R.I., we were in a major hurry to catch our connecting flight. We were all but running down the airport terminal when Nami stopped and had to go to the restroom. We stopped, he went, came out, and as soon as we turned around, in front of us stood one Orthodox Jewish man with a beard and a black hat! I was in shock! This was the first person we saw as we got off of our plane!! Nami paused for a moment to bless this man, to tell Him he was loved. He replied with a smile and said a cheerful, "Thank you!" Wow, I knew this trip was going to be blessed!
There are too many events within those few days in N.H. and Boston to tell you about here, but suffice it to say that the Lord opened the door for us to minister God's love to people of so many different nationalities, from an Italian young man who was on a trip around the world by himself to a Lebanese waitress, to a couple of palm readers on the street to a homeless man...and many in betweeen. It was so much fun to walk with God and in His Spirit!
Well, the last encounter I would like to tell you about is related to the prayer I prayed before leaving for the trip. Nami and I were back in Nashville on our way home and decided through some circumstantial events to go and eat at an Indian restaurant called Shalimar. We were eating when in walked 2 young male college students. They sat down at the other end of the room from us, but there was no one else there, so we could see them and hear a bit of their conversation. Toward the end of our very delicious meal, I knew I had received a word from the Lord for both of them. It was Psalm 119:9. It dropped in my spirit so plainly, and I told Nami that the Lord wanted them to hear this. So, Nami, as my Aaron, went to be the mouthpiece! What a brave ambassador he is!
I had told him that we needed to first ask them this question, "Are you a follower of Jesus Christ?" Then, he needed to tell them that God wanted them to know this word from His Word. When he asked them the question, one of the young guys said, "Well, I"m Presbyterian, and He's Jewish!" Wow! This opened up the door for Nami to minister to both of them and to deliver this message. They both received it with excitement, thanking Nami profusely. Nami was able to tell the young Jewish boy how he had grown up Muslim and hated Jewish people, but because of the love of Jesus, he now loved the Jewish people! Praise God for His amazing opportunities for us to be His ambassadors in this world! My prayers were answered, with both the first and the last people we ministered to and blessed on our trip were Jews! This was truly the hand of God.
So, be encouraged, my friends. The steps of a righteous man are ordered by God! Our part is to just walk by His Spirit, listening to His voice, being willing to obey and step out in faith, and the rest He will do! What a loving Father we serve. What a King is ours! May we live as ambassadors and scatter the seeds of the gospel wherever we go.
Pictures will be posted as soon as I can figure out how to download with my new camera! Be patient!
Blessings,
Tina





No comments:
Post a Comment